Tuesday, October 06, 2015

It goes so fast

The weekend started when my husband and I took our last big road trip of the year in our Corvette with the Spokane Corvette Club. We weren't sure what the weather was going to be like since it started raining the night before.  We knew we would go anyway, since it was a club event and we had help working out the drive itself.

We headed out from Spokane, WA and ended in Bonner's Ferry, ID.  I promised myself I would unplug, something I am trying to do more of.  I found myself not even taking pictures of the surroundings that were at times breathe taking. 


It also had a lot to do with the large group we ended up traveling with, 32 cars for the whole drive.  We scheduled meet up places in a couple of different cities so we could all regroup.  I think the most favorite thing in doing this, is seeing people's reactions when you are in a parking lot together or just driving in a long caravan.  You really end up meeting a lot of different people and getting into some wonderful conversations.


This summer was also about our clubs event Glass on Grass, held at Riverfront Park in Spokane.  Again it is a day of hanging out visiting with the community and enjoying every ones company.  This photo is of one of the cars at the event; 1964 Convertible, pretty sweet!

One of the other fun things we got a chance to do is to participate in the Spokane's Torch Light Parade as part of the Make A Wish Group.  We had 7 cars and each of us was able to take 2 children.  It helped me to feel yet again that having a Corvette isn't just about having it but about putting smiles on people's faces!  You can't put a price tag on that.       

No comments: