Tuesday, June 02, 2009

I have no idea what to do!

A week from today I will be celebrating my 25th wedding anniversary to a man that I love dearly(even when he drives me a little crazy) The thing is.............I have absolutely NO idea what to do, really I don't! This year marks a time when we will actually be together on our anniversary and that hasn't happened in YEARS, we are talking YEARS people.

Over our life together, I've made plans only to have him end of having to work out of town. The one promising thing was, last week his work told him he was going to have to be out of town for 3 days, one of those days being our anniversary. He in not so many nice words told them there was no way he was going to work out of town on his 25th wedding anniversary.

So I come back to the question my man asked me this morning, so do you want to do anything special next week because I can't think of anything. So much of our life for years has been put on hold, it comes to times like this that you realize that and you are thankful you are in a different place now. Where do you start when you are still a little afraid of your husband being called to go out of town, even when he told them he wouldn't? Do you go alone or take your teenagers with you because they are part of your life and you desire to not have them miss out on the fun too? We don't have friends or other family members to go out and celebrate with. This is a big day in our lives, a big milestone and it will be remembered for a lifetime. I know anything we do is going to be special but I just don't know where to start.

No comments: