Monday, November 03, 2008

What a weekend

This weekend has to have been the nicest we have had in months. No where to go, no agenda just sitting around enjoying each others company. I managed to start two CUTE card ideas, take two 3 hour naps, and start reading Brisingr by: Christopher Paolini, which I have had to make myself put down so I can do other things like feed my family. If you scroll down the page in the link there is a nice interview with him.

When I started reading his first book Eragon a couple of years ago, I really wasn't expecting to like it. I didn't have to wait to long until his 2nd book Eldest came out, but waiting for this book however proved to be a long. I've never been one to enjoy fantasy or magic but I will keep coming back to this this series of books.

I don't completely understand why I am so drawn to it. My step dad introduced me in my late elementary school years to the medieval times....Robin Hood, 3 Musketeers, along with Romeo and Juliet so maybe it is my love for that era. Back to chores so I can read another chapter today.......well, at least I have a goal.

No comments: