Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Using what you have

I've so enjoyed Shimelle's class, Something from almost nothing. It has helped everyone in class to dig into thier stash of scrapbooking supplies. We were encouraged to do a Celebrate Life album which I do have plans to do. I just have been focused on getting the wedding album done but was able to use a couple of the prompts on my pages.

Prompt 7, Flowers......I am in love with how these pages turned out. I had some cream colored Prima flowers that I dyed using Distress ink in Orange Marmalade with a mini mister. Then I went back over them with Tea Dyed Distress ink to tone the color down a bit. Combinding both layouts I used 26 flowers and 55 clear blings.

Prompt 8, Buttons........I haven't used buttons in so long. It was so fun to use a few from stash. I didn't use many but it is a start. Here in Spokane, WA we have a wild life perserve for wild cats. It is pretty amazing.

No comments: