Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Not much news


Well, off my list the other day everything got done! I was pretty impressed with myself. I usually start with a list only to get half of what I wanted to get done, then move the rest to another page for another day. Then the list gets misplaced and I have to start all over again. Then I find my orginal to do list. I think I have to made pads of paper or can you really have to many? Okay, that was random, sorry.

National Scrapbook Day was wonderful! I had so much fun and I got a lot done in the midst of teaching a couple of mini classes. My youngest daughter came with me and she worked on a teacher's gift. It is about 85% finished so that is wonderful.

This was part of one of my mini technique demonstration. I was going to have everyone do a hands on but they just wanted to look, so that is what I ended up doing.


The technique was resisting with clear embossing powder over patterned paper.(a nice reminder from Tim Holtz) Then I painted over the whole tag with Making Memories Black paint. Let it dry then wipped off the excess. Love it when people oooo and aaahhh over things they have forgotten they can do.




This card was created from some left over pieces from the above project. No special technique just a lot of tearing and inking with Vintage photo Distress ink from Ranger. Stamps used here and above: Make it count from Close to my Heart.






I didn't create this as part of National Scrapbook Day but for my daughter Nicole's birthday a few weeks ago. It is a 12x12 canvas painted a rust color. Then I modge podged the paper and photos onto it. These are some of the most favorite phtos of my girls I own. They grown up to fast. I did them each layouts for their albums with these same photos which I believe are somewhere in my archives.

1 comment:

Stampin n da Hood said...

Love the t!m projects...
and they canvas is stankin cute!