Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!

So here we are a brand new start, at least that is how I like to look at it. A clean slate, all the bad whipped away, everything becomes new again.

This is year I have decided to followed Ali Edwards in picking one word that will be mine for the whole year. Ali shared this about the one little word concept on her blog and in her newsletter, "A single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything. It can sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow. Can you identify a single word that sums up what you want for yourself? It can be something tangible or intangible. It could be a thought or a feeling or an emotion. It can be singular or plural. The key is to find something that has personal meaning for you. This is not your mother's word or your spouse's word or your child's word - this is YOUR word. One little word can have big meaning in your life if you allow yourself to be open to the possibilities. And here's one thing that is totally interesting: sometimes a word will pop into your brain and it will not make any sense to you right now. Give it some time. Let it percolate a bit. I have often found that our hearts speak to us in very unique ways. Maybe this is a word you need to hear but just aren't ready for it yet. Again, be open to the possibilities."

The last two years my word was contentment. I will share sometime soon what that word has meant to me and the changes that have taken place in my life while having it a big part of my life. Today the first day of the new year I want to share my one little word for the year, moderation. Moderation in what I eat, the money I spend and what I spend it on, time on the internet and I'm sure there are many more things that will come to be added to this list. I will start with the small things that come to mind first. It is exciting but makes me nervous about what this one little word has in store for me.

What do you want for your New Year? Anything special goals you want to follow through with?

3 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

Happy New Year Juel...may all your wishes come true this year.

xoxo

Stampin n da Hood said...

moderation...hmmmm
that COULD be my word too.
I'll have to mull that one over.

Happy New Year and I hope it brings you everything you hope for...
in moderation, of course!

Kathy said...

Happy New Year to you too Juel! I will have to think of what my word will be for me this year.
You have a safe and prosperous year!