Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Flowing Creativity

Sometimes creativity flows freely and other times it is hard to get there. Over the last year I have been in both places but I have learned something in this time. Creativity is more than fabric, paper, ink and stamps. I know hard thing to believe but it is true. I strive to create a beautiful living environment for my family by making meals, doing their laundry, and organizing. It has taken me years to come to a place where I don't have to be validated for what I do. I feel good about where I am and blessed. Not many women can say they have been able to be a stay at home mom for 23 years. I don't always love what I do but learning to love my creativity has changed me and shown me that I LOVE creating things for people, even if I don't a thank you. All I've done is applied my love for creating things to my everyday life. I do it because I like to make people happy so why not make my family happy too. I can only hope that someday when I need it the most I to will be blessed by someone even if that someone is part of my family.

Materials: White Daisy, Clover Meadow, Black, Desert Sand, Bazzil Brown and Red Cardstock; Chocolate ink; Prismacolor pencils; Odorless Mineral Spirits; House Mouse How sweet stamp, saying is retired from CTMH; Making Memories letter stickers, buttons and ribbon from my stash
This is one of the latest things I have created. I don't own this stamp but was able to rent it at my local stamp store. I've always loved house mouse stamps but haven't wanted to put the investment into them. When I saw this little guy it instantly reminded me of pictures of my Granddaughter taken last spring. Her face was priceless when I gave her the strawberry! I colored him with Prismacolor pencils, then with a small paint brush used Odorless mineral spirits over my colored area. This softens any lines you may have and gives it a totally finished look. The card is going to be sent to a dear friend that loves strawberries.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Beautiful!!!

Stampin n da Hood said...

omygawsh! they look soo real!
I love the layouts, too.

Unknown said...

I love your perspective. I feel like God's been teaching me a lot about creativity this year, especially how it relates to us being created in His image--the image of The Creator Himself! It's so refreshing to be able to view creating as more than just sitting down to scrapbook (since I get so little time to do that with the ages of my four kiddos!).