Have you ever wanted to make a difference? It has taken me years to realize that in order to really make a difference two things need to happen....1) You have to believe you can and 2) You have to believe that no matter what you do you are enough. I use to think that if I couldn't do it all or buy it all it was never going to be enough. It wouldn't be enough to make anyone happy including myself. Well, yesterday I celebrated my 47th birthday and I am happy to report that my 40's have been better than my 30's. I use to live with regret of what could have been but I became a better person from where I have walked. It feels good to be where I am, to see life like this and be happy. To receive an out pouring birthday wishes from friends and just laughing literally all day is such a good feeling!
So in honor my my birthday yesterday I have decided to do Shimele's 10 on the 10th. Ten things I have loved about this birthday week! If you decide to stick this out, there is a special give away at the end!! I LOVE presents!!
1. Friends that allow you to be silly and love you anyway!!
2. Friends that bring over their special tools so you can all make cool art journals!!
3. Friends that take you out to lunch and make you laugh so hard your sides hurt while people are giving you weird looks. Then knowing you just don't care what they think and you are okay with that.
4. Birthday cards from special friends in my life. I also received a special necklace from my Dad in my favorite color green.
5. Special things I have been wanting.
6. Initial tape....two rolls originally bought, lost then found, after a special friend bought me another roll!
7. Wonderful books I've picked up at the Border's close out sale in our city. Wonderful lovely!
8. Repurposing an old wine box to hold fun things to add to art journals and canvas.
9. A sampling of a piece of art that I've had the idea for all summer. I am again in LOVE and it deserves it's own post later.
10. Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, made by my young lovely. Thanks sweetheart!!
You are wonderful, if you have stuck it out OR just skipped over the fluff going straight to the end to see about the giveaway. Today, I am celebrating two things that I count important in my life. 1) My birthday, when I was growing up I was sure I would die of old age when I was in my forties.....glad that hasn't happened and 2) reaching a goal of 250+ posts on my little corner of the world that is mine. Two of you will receive a special gift, one of the following; a Birthday book I have made, on a ring with a place to add photos and write out your people's birthdays so you don't miss them. Then under my #7 above, are my favorite books right now. I have an extra copy of Art Saves, it is so wonderful and has changed quite a lot of my thinking recently. Now I am going to make you all work for it cause, I believe that is more fun! Think of something you could do for somone special, then do it OR to receive an extra place in the drawing, do something special for a complete stranger. It is up to you what that something is. Come back here and post what you have done by 9pm(PST) Sunday, September 18 and I will post a winner on Monday, September 19.(I will except up to three enteries per person to make it fair for everyone.)
Let the games begin!!! Most of all have fun!! I can't wait to hear how you will make a difference in someone's live this week!