Friday, July 25, 2014

Celebrate Life

This past June I celebrated my 30th wedding Anniversary.  Sometimes it is seriously hard to realize that we have been together for that long.  In my mind I can still see us as young parents running after our children, then I see them.  Growing old use to scare me and to be honest it still does at times.  I guess now, I am just learning that life is all to short to be caught up in the worrying about stuff.  God doesn't want us to do that anyway. 



My husband gave me a very special gift for our Anniversary, a beautiful 2003 Cobalt Blue Corvette.  For 25 years he has always asked what kind of car I have wanted.  Bright blue, a two seater(so we don't have to take anyone with us) and I wanted to be able to go fast.  Truth be told I didn't think he would remember my idea of a dream car but it is safe to say he got it spot on!  I have named her Charlie after her former owner, our brother in law Chuck Reece who lost his fight with cancer this past spring. 

So today I am going to enjoy life.  I am going to choose to not get caught up in the what ifs.  I will enjoy the sun on my face, the light breeze I feel across my cheeks and a good drive in my new car.  My friend Goog died this past week suddenly of a stroke and she will never feel those things again.  I want to make sure I don't take things for granted, life is to short for regrets.  So here's to you Chuck Reece and Goog......I will drive with the top down for you because it looks like it is going to be a good day for it!


No comments: