Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Moving

The day of moving is going to come faster than I think I am ready for, around the 30th. I sat for an hour and cried on Sunday night when DH asked me how fast I wanted to move. 10 years of my life has been in this house. I can walk into any part of it and see my grown girls at different ages, doing different things. It is crazy how emotionally attached I am to this house. It is easier to hand the keys over to someone else then to still have this house be ours until it sells.

When does the excitement come? Right now, all I can seem to think about it is not having 'go to' friends right away. Oh and the fear of getting lost, even though people have told me it is easy to get around. I've lived in this town for most of my life, at the drop of a hat I can tell you where the good places to go to shop are to get the best deal. DH asked if we were all getting excited yet. I told him I wasn't and he didn't like that answer. This all just takes time to get use to and you can prepare yourself for anything but when you are in the midst of it......well, it is hard.
I did promise pictures and I only have a few. I decided most of the photos I want to show you, are going to have to wait. However, these are among my favorites.
This is the entry way and my favorite here are the skylights. Everything in this house is open and I just love not feeling closed in anywhere.
And looking up from the landing. Yep, mirrors on the closets. It makes everything look bigger and I'm always wanted a banister like this!
This is going to be my scrapbook corner. For 10 years I've been in the family room so I didn't see any point in changing that now. I am in love with the built in shelves. Can't wait to make it my own!(no the TV doesn't stay, it belongs to the former owners.
Thanks for stopping by today and listening to rantings of a mean-o-pausal woman, Hot flashes included!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Juel, I know how you feel about leaving a home your children grew up in. Just think of it this way, you will make NEW friends, that may be the best ever! And you will have new memories in your new home!