Tuesday, June 21, 2011

How did I do that.....

I was asked yesterday how I created this look on my journal page.  Pretty simple, really.

Start with a white paper doily and spray randomly with Adirondack Color Wash in Sailboat Blue and Lettuce.  I put into a large narrow box so the over spray would be contained.  Be sure you note these are dyes, if you don't want it on your hands wear gloves.  If the wind is blowing you WILL get back spray...just saying.....so don't where your nice clothes.  After spraying, the paper gets very delicate to handle, so leave it in the box until it is completely dry....over night is best.  If you work with it to soon it will disintegrate.  The GREAT thing about the Adirondack Color Washes is once they are dry they are permanent, so you won't bleed into other colors.   
                               

The next day I started with spraying my journal pages with the same color washes, again letting them dry.  I then cut my doily apart and put down Mod Podge on my pages, placing the pieces in the bottom left and the top right of those pages.  Put Mod Podge on top of the doily and start working it with your fingers to get it to lay flat.  The trick here is to work VERY slowly because once the doily gets wet it goes back to being delicate so just go sloooowwww.  You will end up having parts of it that will dry sticking up but I didn't worry to much about that because I liked the look.  Then I just continued to layer, layer and layer.

5 comments:

scrapwordsmom said...

Soooo very beautiful!

Kristin said...

This is brilliant! Thank you for sharing ;) xo

Liette alias Pixelle said...

very interresting to follow your process..thanks...

Chris said...

Really pretty and great to know how you achieve your finished piece :D

Georgie Horn said...

Lovely and thanks for the advice.