Sunday, June 05, 2011

Our spring has been anything but stellar, cold and wet.  We have only reached over 70* maybe three times, one of those being yesterday.  Everything is managing slowly to bloom in the garden.  Oh how I've missed the color outside!

My parents were in town this week for my children's end of the year choir and band performances and my Mom fell in love with our Crabapple Tree.  Despite the cooler temperatures it managed to be in full bloom, which turned out to be a good thing because my Dad got a beautiful photo.  After this picture was taken it started to rain again for two days!  It isn't as bright as it was then but it is still beautiful.  Thanks for the picture Dad!

The cooler weather has not stopped the bees from coming out!  I was looking to see how the flowers fared after the heavy rain.  I walked pasted the Crabapple Tree and heard a humming sound.  In taking a closer look I found the largest bees I have seen in quite awhile.  I spent a little time to get a couple of perfect shots, I just was careful to stay out of their way as much as possible.

I mean seriously I don't want to make these guys mad, they might carry me away!!

 

No comments: