Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What is art to you?

Art to me is life.  It isn't about just finding the time to do it but it is making the time to do it.  It breaths life into me, lifts my mood when I am down, calms me when I having a time of anxiety.  I get lost in it really, before I know it family is asking what we are going to have for dinner.  So I have to be very careful in balancing my time with the things I have to do.  I like to break it up into little bits over the day, keeping myself focused.  It helps me to feel less overwhelmed with my daily chores. 

Something I believe in, is all artists and the right to keep their art their own.  Meaning if they make it and make the choice to sell it they should be paid.  Let's be honest, the Internet as wonderful as it is can be a horrible place too.  In some cases worse if you are an artist!  You will see a new link to the left for the LinkWithLove, we really need to help each other to accept, respect and protect all forms of artwork.  This project was birthed from what happened here and here.  It is wrong for someone to use artwork that doesn't belong to them for personal gain.  Being a scrapbooker, card maker and crafter I have many copies of photos from sketches and color combos I want to try.  I haven't been good about linking back to who created the sketch or even where I have received my inspiration.  From now on, I will do my best to give credit where credit is do, in doing so hopefully we can help people to be honest about where they get images.

No comments: