Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Laughter

It is said that laughter is good medicine.  I think I would have to agree.  I remember watching Mary Poppins  on the big screen at the theater and I dreamed for months what it would be like to dance on roof tops with the chimney sweeps.  I had the soundtrack of the movie on a record....yes, I am dating myself....I would turn it up really loud when my family wasn't home and jump off the furniture. 

One of my most favorite scenes in Mary Poppins has to be when Mary takes the children to see her Uncle.  He is laughing so hard and they sing about all the different way people laugh......Watch it here

How do you laugh?  A few weeks ago we got to laughing as my son talked about his day at the pet store.  It was time for inventory, not only do they have to inventory toys, food but also fish and crickets.  Yes, crickets....oh my gosh, it lead to the belly laughing that leaves you with sore muscles.  I did have a good nights sleep!  For the record when I get going on laughing I am not embarrassed to say that you will hear a snort or two.....lol. 

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Thank you for the smile about laughter! :)

Unknown said...

My 19 yos has been a bit under the weather lately and has been in bed, watching videos. I asked him what he was watching and he said random blooper reels on youtube. Yep. Laughter.

Cara said...

Trying to inventory crickets sounds worse than herding cats!!!

I LOVED that Mary Poppins record. My grandma had that and played it all the time when I visited and I would sing and dance around. I listened to the record more than I watched the actual movie! :X